Your browser (Internet Explorer 7 or lower) is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how to update your browser.

X

From the Alumni Office:

­

Kate Hamilton ’15/MA<br />Director of Alumni Relations
Kate Hamilton ’15/MA
Director of Alumni Relations

Thank You from the Alumni Office!

While thinking about what topic to discuss in this column, I took a quick survey of the last eight months and have to say, the overriding theme of my short time in Alumni Relations is Siena Blessings. These blessings come in the form of SHU alums who want to get involved, give back and stay connected.

Frequently, I also have the honor of visits and calls from current and former employees who want to assist with projects, share their insight and reflect back while moving Siena forward. How is your connection to Siena? If you are looking to strengthen your ties, there are several means of doing so:

One way to connect with SHU is our SaintsConnect online mentoring platform. My office collaborated with Siena Career Services to create an online platform connecting our current students with our alumni base. Students can seek out alumni who work in the field they aspire to join and ask questions, arrange for a career chat, or seek resume advice from alums who have volunteered to share this kind of support. As of today, 498 alumni have created a profile on our site to assist our students. If you would like to join, please do so here: https://sienaheights.wisr.io/signup.

Another growing area of connection to you all is through our Facebook page (Siena Heights University Alumni). If you are on Facebook, but have not yet asked to join the Alumni Page, I highly recommend you do. I share information about what is currently happening on our campuses as well as information and accomplishments of our fabulous alums. One alumni shared, “I feel so much closer to the generations of Saints that attend today.

I have a real sense of pride for all the great things they are doing with their lives.”

Other avenues of connection have been our Saints Gather regional events. The Alumni Office in conjunction with the Alumni Board of Directors have hosted events in Royal Oak, Adrian, Lansing, Toledo, and Elk Rapids over these last few months. These casual gatherings are a relaxed get-together where members of Siena’s leadership share a brief update with those in attendance while also sharing a bite to eat and beverage. I hope to have more of these types of events, so watch your email and our Facebook page for your invite!

If we do not have an up-to-date email for you in our system, I encourage you to share one with us—email me at alumni@sienaheights.edu and I will add it to your record.

I am looking forward to connecting with YOU in the future!

P.S.—Hope to see you at Homecoming 2019!

With much #SaintsPride,

Kate Hamilton
Director of Alumni Relations
Khamilt2@sienaheights.edu
(517) 264-7143