Your browser (Internet Explorer 7 or lower) is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how to update your browser.

X

From the Alumni Office:

Jenny Engle ’12, ’15/MA<br />Director of Alumni Relations
Jenny Engle ’12, ’15/MA
Director of Alumni Relations

Ready and Waiting to Hear Your Siena Stories!

It was this time last year when I was chosen to be the Director of Alumni Relations. I came to the Alumni Office with four years of experience working in Advancement at Siena Heights. I had been a non-traditional undergraduate student and was a current graduate student when I accepted the offer. I sit here today and reminisce on all that I love about Siena.

I am thrilled that I work for, and have been educated at, an institution that truly lives its mission—to assist people to become more competent, purposeful and ethical through a teaching and learning environment which respects the dignity of all.

On my first official day in the Alumni Office in mid-November, I learned quickly that while I can start each day with a plan—that plans don’t always go as expected and that I would need to be flexible.

The unplanned part of that first day was also the best part of that day. I had an unexpected visitor—a member of the class of 1976. This alum had not been back to campus since graduation nearly 40 years ago. He was in the area visiting, and stopped in looking for contact information of a former classmate he was hoping to connect with. We spent some time chatting about his experience at Siena and talking about all of the changes that have occurred over the years. He seemed genuinely happy to be on campus, and pleasantly surprised by the different look and growth of Siena Heights.

At the end of that day, I knew I was going to love my new position.

Recently, two colleagues and I were invited to be guests of the Pi Lambda Phi fraternity, which was celebrating its 30th reunion. I was a little nervous and wasn’t sure what to expect—it’s been a few years since I’ve attended a fraternity party! What I found when I arrived was an incredible group of people who love each other and love Siena Heights University. The stories and photos that were shared were part of their Siena story, and I am thankful to have shared in their celebration.

I have had countless phone calls and visitors to my office in the short few months on the job. It is a privilege to be able to meet and speak to so many who have walked the halls here on our main campus, as well as those who have made their journey through our online and satellite locations.

I look forward to meeting alumni and friends of Siena in the months and years ahead, and am anxious to hear your Siena stories and listen to ways that the Alumni Office can assist you. Should you be on the main campus, please
stop by my office in Sacred Heart Hall. I can also be reached by phone at 517-264-7143 or email at jengle@sienaheights.edu. Please watch for future alumni event updates.

Homecoming Weekend 2016 is Oct. 7-9. Plans are underway for an event-filled weekend, with activities that are sure to spark interest in everyone. We will honor Alumni Award winners and Athletic Hall of Fame inductees. There will be all kinds of events and activities happening on campus, and opportunities to connect with fellow alumni and current students as well as with faculty, staff and students.

In true Siena fashion, we offer something for everyone.

March on, Saints!

Jenny Engle ’12, ’15/MA
Director of Alumni Relations
(517) 264-7143
jengle@sienaheights.edu